Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETis) is an important component of our students’ educational journey. VETiS Value (hours) are a VCAL requirement. These are gained by completing Units of Competency within a chosen course. Students will need a minimum VETis value score to pass their VCAL levels. VETiS gives students an opportunity to complete a Certificate II Qualification in their chosen course.
Our plan in 2022 is to offer the following VETiS subjects:
- Certificate II Skills for Work & Vocational Pathways
- Certificate II Community Services
- Certificate II Music
- Certificate II Workplace Skills (formerly known as Business)
- Certificate II Visual Arts
- Certificate II Hospitality
- Certificate II Sport & Recreation
- Certificate II Active Volunteering
We deliver on site courses across our three campuses to provide students with the experience of participating in TAFE level courses, along with wellbeing and other additional supports provided by the HHA team.
All courses are taught by qualified teacher/trainers who are registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT). Students who meet the criteria may be given an option to attend an external VET course. This is available to students who have a specific vocational interest in a course we do not provide onsite.